Friday, March 21, 2008

More Samana Santa....

Semena Santa reaches a high point today, with a holiday off from school and work, a procession in the morning, a re enactment in the afternoon, and the large procession in the evening, with 4 or 5 processions meeting in the Parque Centro. Rugs of colored sand with intricate designs were created on the streets last night, and the processions walk through them this morning. Much of the city meets in the Parque Centro for the evening processions, with people selling toys, food stands, and small rides for the children. It is a very solumn but festive atmosphere. I have pictures but don't know how to attach them on the computers here! Maybe next week.....
I took a salsa lesson on Mon. and really enjoyed it, but was pretty bad. I watch a lot of soccer with the family and am even able to comprehend the TV a bit. Tomorrow I hope to climb one of the volcanoes near the city.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hola Sara! Feliz semana santa!
Que tengas un fin de semana muy divertida! We're really enjoying your blog and hope you continue to have an amazing positive and inspiring time. Xela sounds extremely interesting! I remember how tired I was after school and not speaking the language. After week 3 it got LOADS easier and I was even dreaming en Espanol. We hope you get to hike on the volcano. The fireworks in the a.m. is really odd!! Wow! Hope the coffee is good and that you get to try more fruits and foods without catching some kinda new microrg. I was pretty lax about not washing my fruit but maybe I got lucky.
Te mandamos un abrazo desde Kauai!!!